Wednesday 2 October 2013

LG G2 Testpilot

Hi there
I’m Nitte von Evil, and this is just a little background story, on how I got my hands on the LG G2.


The “Hunt”

Throughout September LG began their search for 30 pilottesters. In order to be considered you had to take a quiz about the history, facts and technology that is associated with mobile devices. Along with registering my time-score for the quiz, I submitted a letter with reasons why, I thought, I might qualify as a tester.
So, honestly, there was no hunt… It was more like ehr... Stalking (not in a creepy way, no no no - cool and evil panthera-ish-style!) an LG quiz in order to get a nice score.

My Focus

These were my arguments, here boiled down into a list:
  • In my spare time I’m pretty much your standard user - nothing fancy:
    Mail, news, websites and casual “I have to sit here waiting for four… really? 4? FOUR? long minutes” gaming.
    More specifically to my profession (software developer/programmer) I sometimes also wants to check up on some code.
  • Workwise I use the phone for, well, the obvious stuff: email, calendar, tasks, quick and easily make notes and impress my colleagues in our little phone-war ;)
  • I generally likes using the standard apps that come with the device
  • I’m surrounded by people interested in mobile devices, and also knows quite a few who is a little more challenged tech-wise. It will be interesting discussing some of the great features that comes with the LG G2, with both groups of people.
Aaand I admitted a downside to my testing - I don’t use my phone that much, for what phones were originally, primarily intended for: phone calls and messaging.So don’t expect me to focus on those subjects. Of course I’ll check them out - friends, family and colleagues will surely see to that I do ;)


The Test Period

The testing period will be from 30th of September until 20th of October, each week with a separate theme (which one is not required to follow, but I’ll try to)
  1. Performance and Battery
  2. Screen and Camera
  3. Usability


Hello World

So here I am with a, to me, completely new kind of challenge: testing a device and somehow make my findings available to others. So it’s quite fair to say that this will be a “learning experience” on a bunch of different levels.
I hope you’ll tag along for the ride, it seems to be a device with some interesting features, I can’t wait to test and hear your thoughts about. And of course feedback is much appreciated, questions and suggestions for what/how to test likewise =)


I can also be found at
Google+
Youtube                                                           


Wicked Regards
- Nitte von Evil

No comments:

Post a Comment